“I’m Back”: Mike Tyson Offered Upward of $20M to Fight Again
For some reason, there are people out there who think it’s a good idea to fight Mike Tyson.
However, one challenger is now ready to put his money where the former champ’s fist might wind up.
“I think I know what we need to do to make this thing happen,” Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship president David Feldman told Bleacher Report, which reported that the organization is set to offer Mike Tyson more than $20 million to come out of retirement.
The 53-year-old Brooklyn native hasn’t fought in 15 years, but video or recent workouts showing Iron Mike training with the power and speed that once made him the most exciting fighter on Earth has renewed interest in what Tyson might be able to do now.
Tyson concluded one of those videos by throwing a barrage of hooks and uppercuts and saying “I’m back.”
Tyson’s rep told the Daily News on May 12 that the former champ is staying in shape, but has no matches lined up.
The 5-foot-10, 240-pound bruiser said during an interview with rapper TI last month he might lace up the gloves for a good cause.
The folks at BKFC trying to bait Tyson reportedly said they plan to sweeten their eight-figure offer to Tyson with charitable donations.
A boxing insider tells The News there have been at least four offers from fighters looking to challenge Tyson.
Evander Holyfield, who beat Tyson twice before, said he’d like to get a piece of the fighter who famously bit off his ear in 1997, according to Reuters.
The 57-year-old Holyfield told the BBC Tyson would have to ask for that fight because otherwise, it may look like he’s bullying Iron Mike, who’s 0-2 against him.
Tyson’s spokeswoman said she had no knowledge of an offer from BKFC.