Burna Boy, Wizkid Win MOBO 2020 Awards
Nigerian award-winning singers, Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu popularly known as Burna Boy and Ayo Balogun also known as Wizkid win big at the 2020 Music of Black Origin (MOBO) awards held virtually on Wednesday night.
Burna Boy emerged winner the “Best International Act” over other top international stars like Drake, Koffee, Megan Thee Stallion, Pop Smoke, Popcaan, Roddy Ricch, Rema, Shenseea, Summer Walker, H.E.R and Lil Baby.
While Wizkid won the “Best African Act” category beating the likes of Davido, Burna Boy, Tiwa Savage, Fireboy DML, Rema, Master KG, Adekunle Gold, NSG, Afro B, Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy.
The live-streamed event saw, which was hosted by Maya Jama and Chunkz and it featured performances by Headie One, Young T & Bugsey, Ms. Banks, Kojey Radical, and Shaybo, dancehall vocalist, Stylo G and soul singer, Tiana Major9.
Nigerian superstars, Davido and Tiwa Savage also performed at the event. Popular TikTok lockdown soundtrack, ‘Don’t Rush’ by Young T & Bugsey was named song of the year.
Find below the list of winners:
- Album of the year: Nines – Crabs in a Bucket
- Best male act: Headie One
- Best female act: Mahalia
- Song of the year (public vote): Young T & Bugsey – Don’t Rush (feat Headie One)
- Best newcomer (public vote): Aitch
- Video of the year: NSG – Lupita
- Best R&B/soul act: Mahalia
- Best hip-hop act: Nines
- Best grime act (public vote): JME
- Best international act (public vote): Burna Boy
- Best performance in a TV show/film: Michael Ward as Marco, Blue Story
- Best media personality: Chunkz
- Best album 2017-2019: Ella Mai – Ella Mai
- Best African act: Wizkid
- Best reggae act: Buju Banton
- Best gospel act: CalledOut Music
- Best jazz act: Ego Ella May
- Best producer: Jae5
- Inspiration award: Steve McQueen